Thursday, July 07, 2005

Attacks on London

Everything started as usual this morning. The first thing I noticed was, when I arrived at my office was, that a car was horning and driving at high-speed on the wrong lane. It then became clear. At the office, I read in the news, there was a Underground issue at nearby Liverpool Street Station. Apparently a train exploded and they were suspecting a circuit shortcut.

Only when we heared about Buses exploding, all this was getting suspicious. Now we are following the news and hope, everything's going to be fine.

Currently the army is getting in, nobody can leave the city, the mobile phone network has gone down.

We'll check the ticker at http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/0,1518,364104,00.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw the news in the office as well, there was some laughing first when they blamed the blocked tube on the power outtage. Beeing swiss my friends made some jokes about the train break downs in Switzerland. After the news about the bombing came out, the jokes whent silent... Quite a shock. Glad your ok.

July 07, 2005 5:43 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to hear / read that you're ok! Not that I even knew you're in London!!! Living here in the outback of the Emmental I seem to miss entirely what's going on in my family... ;-)
Anyway, hope you settled in ok in good old England. Hope to hear from you soon
your auntie Ursi

July 08, 2005 4:18 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home